PS5 EA Sports UFC 5
Release Date: 27 October 2023
Region: Region 3
EA SPORTS UFC 5 is as real as it gets. Powered by the Frostbite engine’s advanced rendering capabilities, your favorite fighters now have unparalleled character likenesses to complement next-level environment fidelity that’ll make their walk to the Octagon feel like a PPV main event. The all-new Real Impact System brings the intensity and strategy of a fight to live, as cuts and strikes absorbed can affect mobility, defense, stamina, and more.
Take too much damage, and the doctor could stop the fight. For lovers of the ground game, Seamless Submissions makes grappling feel more fluid and realistic than ever before. And if you like to admire your handiwork, new Cinematic K.O. Replays capture your fight-ending finishes in all their punishing glory. UFC 5 updates with fresh new Fight Week content, features, and challenges every single month around real-world UFC events. Plus, Alter Egos offer new versions of your favorite fighters to play with every month. Bring the next evolution of the fight game home with UFC 5.
REAL IMPACT SYSTEM
What makes an MMA fight? It’s the stakes, technique, drama, and pure reality of the moment. UFC 5 captures that in more authentic detail than ever before, from next-generation graphics upgrades that give gameplay animations new life, damage systems that marry the brutality and strategy of the fight game, gameplay updates that make the action feel even more fluid and realistic, and much more.
NEW STRIKES AND HIT REACTIONS
It’s a striking evolution. UFC 5 features all-new animations for ground and pound elbows, spinning attacks, and several other punches, kicks, knees, and elbows. Plus, new striking animations emulate heavy hitters, professional kickboxers, and more, giving you all new ways to stand and bang. In addition, new hit reaction animations and physics make sure you feel the impact of a clean connection.
The new Seamless Submissions functions as a revamped extension of the existing grappling systems with faster animations and the removal of mini-games. Beginners can use Grapple Assist for help on the canvas, while veterans will have new depths to uncover and enjoy. The new submissions offer a smoother, more authentic ground game that is sure to be a grappler’s delight.
- FROSTBITE ENGINE - For the first time in franchise history, the Frostbite™ engine powers EA SPORTS UFC, bringing unrivaled graphics upgrades for console games. From dynamic lighting and overhauled character fidelity to realistic strand hair and cloth animations — Frostbite helps bring the action in the Octagon to life
- CINEMATIC K.O. REPLAY - Showcasing UFC’s significant presentation updates in truly innovative fashion is the all-new Cinematic K.O. Replay. Harnessing the power of Frostbite, players can now rewatch their finishing blows in stunning visual fidelity. Captured in super slow motion with cinematic camera angles and lighting, the impact of fight-ending shots looks more authentic — and beautiful — than ever, as blood flies and flesh bruises, turning your devastating knockout into a work of art
- ADVANCED FIGHTER LIKENESS - Thanks to Frostbite and a significant upgrade to our lighting and rendering features — including dual-lobe skin and eye shading, strand-based hair, updated fighter body types, and industry-leading facial animation technology — the fighters you know and love have never looked more authentic
- VISUAL EFFECTS - It’s all about impact. Improved fidelity means when fighters absorb strikes, the results show on their face and body in an authentic, wince-inducing fashion. Plus, all new fluid physics and particle systems make blood and sweat drip and spray as it does during the heat of the action in the Octagon
- AUTHENTIC FINISHES - From newly added draws in offline and online play to realistic updates to how the ref steps in to save a downed fighter from too much ground-and-pound; the number of ways a fight can end has grown in number and authenticity in UFC 5
- NEW IN-GAME CINEMATICS - Signature walkouts, breathtaking knockouts, and everything in between. Frostbite powers brand-new cinematic moments where attention to detail and fighter fidelity make you feel like you’re in the arena for a sold-out UFC PPV. From the roar of the crowd to Bruce Buffer's iconic introductions, new in-game cinematics bring a whole new level of excitement, authenticity, and immersion to UFC 5